Friday, January 11, 2008

Jennifer Jeffrey Resigns as Chairwoman of Allen County Libertarian Party

As reported in yesterday's NS, Jennifer Jeffrey has decided to step down as chairwoman of the Libertarian Party of Allen County. I think Jeffrey did an excellent job organizing and legitimizing the LPAC during her short tenure and future party leaders will surely benefit from her work. Her press release is shown below:

Friday, January 11, 2008

Press Release:

#########

Thomas Jefferson once said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." I truly feel all leaders should evaluate their roles from time to time and put party needs above personal goals.

Because of this belief, I find myself standing at such a crossroad where I have decided the party is in need of leadership which will be able to focus on the needs of the upcoming elections, growing the party, and planning for the future.

I have found a greater need of my own which is to focus on my family and issues which need greater attention than my role as Chair of the LPAC.

It has been a tremendous and historic run for me and the people who believed in the change the Libertarian Party of Allen County offered this year. I am truly grateful for the support, respect and enthusiasm for myself and the ideas we represented. The year and years to come will, no doubt, be full of more historic moments and great leaders.

My resignation will take effect immediately and the current Vice-Chair, Jonathan Bartels, will take over as the Chair until the April 2008 convention.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Jeffrey

No comments: