Monday, December 10, 2007

Frozen Doors

I was extremely agitated this morning when both my car doors wouldn't open because they were frozen shut. And to make matters worse I can't pull my other car out of the garage because the frozen one is parked right behind it. The locks are working but the mechanism is jammed up and won't open - and I beat the hell out of the thing trying.

I suppose I have 3 options right now
  1. Wait until Spring

  2. Throw a brick through the window

  3. Have it towed 10 feet down my driveway so I can get my other car out

Bummer...

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Extension cord and hairdryer.

John Good said...

Two words: propane torch

Karen Goldner said...

Rachel has the best idea, although warm water is a decent substitute if you are too far away from a plug.

Eric White said...

Jeff,

Forget the hairdryer!

Get a bunch of bloggers over at your place and I'm sure we can come up with enough hot air to take care of the problem!

Unknown said...

Yeah...Springs sounds good ;) Although, if it had anything to do with chocolate, I'd totally have to go the brick route :D

Jeff Pruitt said...

I already tried the heat gun route but it didn't work.

I'm so tempted to go the brick route but I like John's idea - BURN THAT MOTHER TO THE GROUND!

heh...

Parson said...

Just poor warm water on it. It's also good for the windows instead of chipping inches of ice.

Charlotte A. Weybright said...

I use warm water. I also keep a handy, dandy spray can of "Lock De-Icer" around. They are really small and can fit into coat pockets, purses, etc.

The de-icer works great!