Saturday, June 23, 2007

Update on Fort Wayne Shooting Range

Previously, I blogged about Sheriff Ken Fries' plan to build a new shooting range on the south side of Fort Wayne. This complex would be used for officer training as well as recreational shooting for the public (among other things). I applaud this plan especially because Fries wants to build the entire complex with grant money, but before he can apply for the grants the county must own the land.

Yesterday, County Commissioner Nelson Peters informed me that the commissioners did approve a purchase agreement for this land. Now the County Council must approve the plan as there is a provision in the agreement that nullifies it if the council doesn't approve (JG has more). I've written my councilman (Darren Vogt darrenvogt@allstate.com) as well as the three at large members (shown below) to voice my support and I would encourage everyone else that is interested to do the same.

If you don't know who your councilman is you can find them here. Unfortunately for some reason their e-mail addresses aren't listed on the site so you'll have to call the auditors office to get them - convenient huh?

Paul Moss paulgmoss@aol.com
Patt Kite paulette.kite@co.allen.in.us
Roy Buskirk rbuskirk@comcast.net

No comments: