Jobs & the Economy
Jobs, jobs, jobs. No three words are more important to Hoosier workers and their families. Good jobs and a healthy economy are the bedrock of the American dream.
As a physician, I have spent my entire life fighting for the well-being of my patients. As a local elected official, I have made it my business to support every initiative that enhances our regional economy and the lives of working families. As a veteran and cofounder of Veterans for Better Health Care, I know about shared sacrifice and the bond of one's word. The very strength of our great nation depends on the heart and talent of each and every citizen.
I believe it is time to start a quiet revolution in the halls of Congress. It is time to turn the Washington-insiders out and put the focus back on the people, like you, who work hard and play by the rules. A one-question benchmark should be the test for nearly every measure that Congress considers: Is this bill good for the working families of America ?
When I am in the U.S. Congress, I will:
• Work tirelessly for the people of the 3rd District to create and keep good jobs throughout northeast Indiana .
• Foster an environment in which innovation and initiative can thrive and companies can grow.
• Nurture a strong economy, an attractive quality of life and our ability to compete around the world.
• Advance a policy of “fair trade, not just free trade” in all international trade agreements, leveling the playing field and defending American workers and their jobs while protecting the natural environment and workers in our partner countries.
• Support sound, fiscally-prudent decision making.
• Leverage resources to get the most out of every taxpayer dollar.
• Promote lifelong learning and educational excellence to ensure the stability of our country and a future full of opportunities for our children and grandchildren.
I'm running for Congress because I am committed to making America work for working families. Together, we can transform our hard work, hope and hometown values into a fresh start for the 3rd District and greater prosperity for all our citizens.